BOZARTS’ NEXT EVENT
Bozarts is delighted to collaborate with the 2013 Clifton International Music Festival. Bozarts ensembles are performing in three events:
Wednesday 26th June: Karl Jenkins’ Requiem
Saturday 29th June: Diocesan Mass
Sunday 30th June: Solemn Mass
Bozarts’ Dmitri & Uncle Joe has been developed as a workshop experience for secondary school Performing Arts students.
This serves as a catalyst for the students to create their own integrative music and drama work over two hours, facilitated by the Bozarts artists.
The complete Bozarts play and the students’ newly-minted work are then performed for the public in the evening.
The event concludes with a short audience and participants’ feedback session.
- Students went from nothing to public performance in a matter of hours – a feat in itself!
- It was a really positive experience and great to see the students taking on a serious subject matter with such gusto.
- The whole event offered students exactly what I hoped it would do.
Bozarts is dedicated to expanding the concert music experience – we tell unique narratives in words, music and visual projection. Bozarts offers fresh insights – challenging and stimulating audiences into new ways of thinking about music and culture.
Founded in 2009 by Director David Adams and based in Bristol UK, Bozarts is a collective of leading live performance and creative artists. Bozarts’ major commissions and premières include collaborative ork with: the conductor Charles Hazlewood, Cirque Bijou, the Bristol Ensemble, Bristol’s Old Vic Theatre, Colston Hall and St George’s venues.
The Bozarts team is available for performances and concerts, education workshops and sessions, outreach programmes, concert programme and event design.
“This show breathes new life into entertainment. The format of funky Classical music with physical theatre and visual projection works a treat. It is strong, original, and a bit of theatrical dynamite. Congratulations for a fabulous show.” - Charles Hazlewood
Three of Bozarts’ collaborations sold out in 2012:
- Dmitri & Uncle Joe play-with-music at Bristol Old Vic theatre in January
- A Musical Tribute with Will Gregory and Charles Hazlewood at the Royal West of England Academy in February
- Handel’s Messiah with Cantemus Choir at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in March.